TERMS & CONDITIONS
These Terms & Conditions govern the purchase from Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd ABN 60 010 919 623 ("VRTP") of the named products and the use of the ThemeParks.com.au website (“the Website”) and are governed by the laws of Queensland.
General Admission Entry Tickets
General admission entry tickets to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World, Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast and Paradise Country (“the Parks”) entitle admission during normal advertised operating hours and covers all rides, shows and attractions (you must pay independently for all food, beverage and merchandise) BUT EXCLUDES:-
- Sea World Helicopters, Sea World Animal Adventures and the Sea World Resort Water Park at Sea World
- FlowRider and SkyCoaster at Wet’n’Wild Gold Coast
- Pit Pass at Warner Bros. Movie World
- wagon rides, opal mining, gold panning and dingo & koala encounters at Paradise Country
- Fast Track at Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast
- after hours events such as Carnivale, Fright Nights and White Christmas at Warner Bros. Movie World
- all coin-operated games, lockers and candid and ride photographs and video
- entry to special events or private functions.
General admission entry tickets for the Parks must be used within 12 months from the date of purchase (or for the period specified if purchased on a special offer) and are valid on the day of use only. No extension to the validity period is available.
Australian Outback Spectacular entry tickets are valid only for the date and show booked. No change to the seat allocated to each ticket purchased is permitted.
Sea World Cruises and Sea World Whale Watch tickets are valid only for the date and tour time booked. For safety reasons children under 3 years of age are not permitted on Sea World Whale Watch tours due to the nature of the sea, but are permitted on Sea World Cruises.
Passes cover all rides, shows and attractions (you must pay independently for all food, beverage and merchandise) subject to the same exclusions as noted above for general admission entry tickets unless otherwise advised.
A 7 Day Pass and a 21 Day Pass must be first used within 12 months from date of purchase or the period specified if purchased on a special offer (failing which it will be deemed void and not able to be used) and entitle admission to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast during normal advertised operating days and hours for 7 consecutive days and 21 consecutive days respectively from the date of first visit.
A Super Pass must be first used within 12 months from the date of purchase or for the period specified if purchased on a special offer (failing which it shall be deemed void and not able to be used) and entitles admission to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast during normal advertised operating days and hours for 28 consecutive days from the date of first visit.
An Annual Pass and a Discovery Passport must be first used within 30 days from the date of purchase failing which they are deemed void and not able to be used. An Annual Pass and a Discovery Passport entitle admission during normal advertised operating days and hours for 12 months from the date of first visit.
The VIP Magic Pass entitles admission to Warner Bros. Movie World, Sea World and Wet'n'Wild Gold Coast during normal advertised operating days and hours from date of purchase until 30 June 2016.
Sea World Animal Adventures
Participation in a Sea World Animal Adventures’ program is only available to Sea World guests and only on the day of their visit. PLEASE NOTE that entry to Sea World is an additional cost and is not included in the price of participating in a Sea World Animal Adventures’ program.
- acknowledge that they will be entering an environment housing animals. Whilst VRTP takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of guests and staff, close encounters with animals will always involve a degree of unpredictability, where quick reaction and strict attention to directions from staff are essential
- release VRTP (to the fullest extent permitted by law) from any claim for personal injury, loss or damage arising from their participation in the Animal Adventures program
- agree to comply with all lawful directions that VRTP makes in respect of their participation.
Certain criteria must be met in order to participate in each of the Sea World Animal Adventures’ programs. Such criteria are strictly enforced to ensure the safety of guests, staff and animals. All participation is subject to final assessment by the VRTP Marine Sciences staff member at the time of attendance. If at any time prior to the program commencing or during the course of the program a participant is assessed by staff as not being able to fulfil the criteria, they will be directed to leave the program whereupon no refund will be given [subject to any requirements at law to the contrary].
VRTP may at its sole discretion cancel any Sea World Animal Adventures program if the VRTP Marine Sciences staff member is of the opinion that extreme weather or other conditions make it impossible for the program to be held. In the event of such cancellation participants will either be rebooked into another Animal Adventures program (subject to program availability) or given a full refund of program costs paid. Refunds will only be paid to the person who made the booking in the same manner as paid.
Sea World Animal Adventures bookings are valid only for the date, time and program specified.
If the Gift Card is defaced, mutilated, altered, lost or stolen it will not be replaced, refunded or redeemed.
The Gift Card can be used for the purchase of merchandise or services (exceptions apply) at selected outlets in-park or front gate but is not redeemable for cash nor can you obtain any cash advance using the Gift Card.
The Gift Card may be used on more than one occasion.
The Gift Card must be used within 12 months from the issue date shown of the back. Any unused balance upon expiry cannot be refunded or credited.
The Gift Card cannot be reloaded [i.e. value cannot be added to it].
The minimum value of any purchase that can be made using the Gift Card is $5.
Any purchase that you wish to make that exceeds the available balance of the Gift Card shall require you to pay the difference by another payment method e.g. cash or credit card.
The Gift Card may not be resold nor is it refundable unless required by law.
VRTP reserves the right to:-
- limit the number of Gift Cards purchased by any person or entity
- refuse any request for redemption of the Gift Card.
Copyright in the Gift Card and other intellectual property rights in respect of the Gift Card are owned or used under licence by VRTP, its affiliates, corporate partners or licensors, unless expressly indicated to the contrary.
As far as is permitted by law, you agree when you use the Gift Card to indemnify and release VRTP in respect of any claims, loss or damage incurred or arising as a result of your use or redemption of the Gift Card. In the event the Gift Card’s code is non-functional for reasons other than your misuse or neglect, VRTP’s sole liability shall be replacement of the Gift Card.
If buying a Gift Card online through the Website:-
- a $9.95 postage fee applies;
- the Gift Card will be posted via Registered Mail to the address you have provided (allow 10 working days delivery time); &
- the Gift Card cannot be redeemed online through the Website.
PRODUCTS - GENERAL
If you do not plan on using the rides or seeing any shows or attractions but wish to enjoy the surrounds (this includes parents, pregnant women and guardians supervising or waiting for children) you must still pay full general admission entry ticket price.
Persons must be aged 3 to 13 years inclusive to be eligible for “children” entry tickets with the exception of Sea World Helicopter flights [3 to 12 years inclusive]. Pensioner prices are available to Australian and New Zealand Government Pension card holders and listed dependants only but original valid Pension card must be presented at the time of entry.
All passes and the Discovery Passport remain the property of VRTP, are not transferable to another person and no extension to the validity period is available. Your pass will be cancelled without refund if used by anyone else. Your pass cannot be sold or given to anyone else to use.
If your pass is lost, stolen or damaged you must pay $5.00 in order to obtain a replacement but this fee may be waived if your pass is stolen and you provide us with a documented police report.
Extensions to the validity of a pass or refunds as a result of limited visitation, suspension, premises or ride closure are not granted (subject to any requirements at law to the contrary).
All product prices are in Australian dollars and are inclusive of GST. Any purchase you make will be charged in Australian dollars and you shall be solely liable for any currency conversion fee charged by your credit card provider.
All products are non-refundable (unless required by law), not exchangeable or transferrable and cannot be resold nor redeemed for cash.
VRTP reserves the right to cancel any product and refuse entry where VRTP reasonably believes same has been obtained in an unlawful or improper manner or in breach of these Terms & Conditions.
VRTP may impose restrictions or limitations on access to premises, rides, shows and attractions at any time. VRTP may close rides, shows, attractions or premises on a permanent or temporary basis due to inclement weather, safety, refurbishment, maintenance, Acts of God or other reasons.
BUYING FOR SOMEONE ELSE
If you have purchased a product for someone else then you must make available or known to them these Terms & Conditions and by their attendance they shall be deemed to have accepted these Terms & Conditions.
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
You agree to comply with the Conditions of Entry and any other conditions displayed at the front gate of the premises or attractions therein. VRTP may cancel or suspend your pass and/or remove you from the premises if you breach any of the Conditions of Entry.
The Website is owned and operated by VRTP. VRTP may refuse any order to purchase a product or deny access to the Website for any conduct it believes may breach these Terms & Conditions or any law.
Use of the Website
The Website is interactive and public and in posting content, you understand, acknowledge and agree:-
- any materials, ideas or other communications you transmit in any manner and for any reason will not be treated as confidential or proprietary;
- any ideas, concepts, techniques, procedures, methods, systems, video, scripts, music, photographs, designs, plans, charts, or other materials you transmit may be used by VRTP anywhere, anytime, and for any reason whatsoever;
- not to use any obscene, indecent, or offensive language;
- not to place on the Website any material that is defamatory, abusive, harassing, racist, hateful, encrypted, constitutes junk mail or unauthorized advertising, commercial offers, invades anyone's privacy, or encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or that otherwise violates any local, federal, national or international law or regulation;
- to use the Website only for lawful purposes
- you are responsible for ensuring that any material you provide to the Website or post on a bulletin board or forum or elsewhere, including but not limited to text, photographs and sound, does not violate the copyright, trademark, trade secret or any other personal or proprietary rights of any third party or is posted with the permission of the owner(s) of such rights
- not to disrupt, overwhelm, attack, modify or interfere with the Website or its associated software, hardware and/or servers in any way;
- not to impede or interfere with others' use of the Website;
- not to post any software, files or links to other sites;
- not to post any content that contains viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may adversely affect the operation or any feature of the Website; and
- not to alter or tamper with any information or materials on or associated with the Website.
If VRTP conducts any competitions on the Website then:-
- VRTP, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to refuse any competition entry or to deny access to the Website for any conduct it believes may breach these Terms & Conditions or any law;
- competitions are subject to individual terms and conditions available at the time of entry; &
- employees of VRTP and its related bodies corporate, including immediate family members, may not become members of the Website and cannot enter any competitions promoted on the Website.
Online purchase fees
When buying online through the Website products can only be purchased using a credit or debit card. All credit and debit card purchases are made through a secure payment facility. Your credit or debit card will be debited at the time of ordering. In the unlikely event that you believe any unauthorised use of your card has occurred, please immediately notify VRTP by email and contact your bank through your usual communication method. All American Express and Diners Card credit cards will incur a 1.5% surcharge per transaction. A $4.95 booking fee per transaction applies to some online bookings and you will be notified of this fee when booking. A $9.95 fee applies when calling 13 33 86 to make any changes to bookings originally made via the Website.
The information on the Website (including prices and product offerings) and may change at any time without notice. The availability of rides, shows and attractions shown or referred to on the Website is subject to change, delay, cancellation or closure due to inclement weather, preventative maintenance, refurbishment or other operational requirements - detailed particulars can be obtained by contacting the relevant theme park directly or by telephoning 13 33 86.
Limitation of Liability
Any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be implied in these Terms & Conditions by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Nothing in these Terms & Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which may be conferred by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, VRTP's liability for a breach of a non-excludable condition or warranty is limited, at VRTP's option, to:
- in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
in the case of services:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Indemnity & Release
You agree to indemnify VRTP for any loss or damage that it may suffer or for any costs it may incur in connection with any breach by you of these Terms & Conditions. You further agree to release VRTP from any claim, loss or damage incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in the Website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of the Website, such as graphics, logos, information, text, video clips, material, software or advertisements ("Content") is owned by VRTP unless stated otherwise and protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark law. Without the express permission of VRTP, the Content must not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, framed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly provided on the Website however you may download, store in cache, display, print and copy material in a complete and unaltered form for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you:
- keep intact all copyright and trademark notices (see below); &
- do not use the material in any manner that suggests an association with any VRTP products, services or brands.
Provided the above conditions are followed, you may use the material on the Website for the purposes of research or study provided your use is fair (It is deemed fair to reproduce no more than 10% of the number of words on the Website and to only use the material for class use or assessment).
Third Party Links
The Website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to web sites operated by third parties ("Hyperlinked Websites"). Unless otherwise stated at those websites, Hyperlinked Websites are not controlled by VRTP. By using those links you acknowledge and agree that:-
- VRTP is not responsible for the contents of any Hyperlinked Websites or any hyperlink contained in a Hyperlinked Website;
- VRTP provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the Hyperlinked Website by VRTP, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, corporate partners or licensors; &
- you access such Hyperlinked Websites entirely at your own risk.
View the Trademarks and Copyright page for more information.
PRIVACY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
VARIATION TO TERMS & CONDITIONS
VRTP may vary these Terms & Conditions at any time. Any variations become effective upon posting on the Website. By using the Website following the posting of a variation of the Terms & Conditions you consent to be bound by the varied terms and conditions.