Terms & Conditions
ThemeParks.com.au is owned and operated by Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623), ("VRTP").
This document contains the terms and conditions governing your use of this website and any order or purchase of a product, ticket or booking ("Product") made via this website ("Terms and Conditions"). By using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Who may use this site
Children under the age of 16 may not purchase any Product on this website. If you are under the age of 16 and would like to purchase a Product from this website, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
Access and Use
You must not use this website in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
VRTP, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to refuse any order you place to purchase a Product, competition entry or booking or to deny access to this website for any conduct it believes may breach these Terms and Conditions or any law.
The availability of rides, shows and attractions shown or referred to on this website is subject to change, delay, cancellation or closure due to inclement weather, preventative maintenance, refurbishment or other operational requirements.
Competitions may be subject to individual terms and conditions available at the time of entry.
Employees of VRTP and its related bodies corporate, including immediate family members, may become members of ThemeParks.com.au but cannot enter any competitions promoted on the ThemeParks.com.au website.
The information on this website is only intended to be of a general nature and may change at any time without notice - detailed particulars can be obtained by contacting the relevant theme park directly or by telephoning 133 386.
. By using this website, you consent to VRTP retaining and using your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
Product Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you view the relevant terms and conditions for purchase and use of any Product before selecting these products for purchase. All tickets purchased online are non-refundable and not exchangeable (unless required by law). All tickets purchased through themeparks.com.au are not for resale.
View full Terms and Conditions of Online Purchase
Tickets can only be purchased through this web site by using a credit card. Your credit card will be debited at the time of ordering. Ticket prices are inclusive of GST.
The VRTP ticketing module uses state of the art encryption technology for transferring credit card data. The encryption technology used for this transfer is of the same calibre as the Australian Bank clearing system. In the unlikely event that you believe any unauthorised use of your credit card has occurred, please immediately notify us by email and contact your bank through your usual communication method.
Limitation of Liability
Any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be implied in these Terms and Conditions by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which may be conferred by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, VRTP's liability for a breach of a non excludable condition or warranty is limited, at VRTP's option, to:
- in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Indemnity & Release
You agree to indemnify VRTP for any loss or damage that it may suffer or for any costs it may incur in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You further agree to release VRTP from any claim, loss or damage incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this website, such as graphics, logos, information, text, video clips, material, software or advertisements ("Content") is owned by VRTP unless stated otherwise and protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark law.
Without the express permission of VRTP, the Content must not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, framed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly provided on this website.
You may, however, download, store in cache, display, print and copy material in a complete and unaltered form for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you:
- keep intact all copyright and trademark notices (set out below); &
- do not use the material in any manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands.
Provided the above conditions are followed, you may use the material on this website for the purposes of research or study, provided your use is fair. It is deemed fair to reproduce no more than 10% of the number of words on this website and to only use the material for class use or assessment.
View the Trademarks and Copyright
page for more information.
VRTP may vary these terms and conditions at any time. Any variations become effective upon posting. By continuing to use this website following a variation of the terms and conditions, you consent to be bound by the varied terms and conditions.
Third Party Links
This website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to web sites operated by third parties ("Hyperlinked Websites"). Unless otherwise stated at those websites, those websites are not controlled by VRTP. By using those links, you acknowledge and agree that:
- VRTP is not responsible for the contents of any Hyperlinked Websites or any hyperlink contained in a Hyperlinked Website.
- VRTP provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the Hyperlinked Website by VRTP, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, corporate partners or licensors.
- You access such Hyperlinked Websites entirely at your own risk.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. By using this site, you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Queensland.
VIP FY14 - Polar Bear Cub Experience
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- The special viewings will commence before park opening on designated days.
- After your first visit to Movie World, Sea World or Wet’n’Wild your VIP Pass will be activated and you will be sent an email advising of how to reserve your place at one of these viewings.
- Please ensure the correct email address is given at time of purchase so you receive this invitation. If you are an existing new VIP Pass holder and have not registered your email address, call 133 FUN to register your details.
- If you do not hear from us after you’ve visited your first theme park please contact us on 133FUN.
- Your viewing experience will be approximately 45 mins.
- Viewing of the Polar bear cub is not guaranteed as Sea World allows the animals freedom to move between exhibit and back of house as they choose.
- Availability is limited and bookings are essential.
- VIP Pass does not guarantee entry to this experience. You must pre-book at ThemeParks.com.au or 133FUN and present the valid ticket you will be issued to gain entry.
SWRRFI - Friend of the Foundation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Associate members are entitled to attend General Meetings, however do not have the right to vote.
- Associate membership is valid for 1 year from date of payment.
- Neither membership nor entry into a membership draw is tax deductible.
- This draw is being conducted by and for the benefit of the Sea World Research & Rescue Foundation Incorporated ABN 46053146491 (SWRRFI)
- Spring draw closes 4:00pm EST Friday 29th of November, 2013.
- Prizes will be drawn on Wednesday, 4th December 2013 at Sea World Theme Park, Sea World Drive, Main Beach Queensland 4217
- Winners will be notified by telephone and email within 7 days of the draw and published on the SWRRFI website seaworld.com.au/research-and-rescue
- Annual Friend of the Foundation Membership [formally knows an Associate Members under the SWRRFI Constitution] is worth $10 and includes entry into the appropriate quarterly draw provided criteria 21-23 of the terms and conditions are satisfied
- Prizes do not include meals [unless otherwise stated], transport or spending money nor insurance
- Prize vouchers and booking instructions will be sent via registered post to the winners
- Prize includes Three nights at Sea World Resort & Water Park including buffet breakfast ($877), Seal Aqua Adventure ($259.98) and dinner show at Australian Outback Spectacular ($179.98) all for two people valued at $1316
- Bookings for accommodation are to be made by contacting Sea World Resort & Water Park on 133 FUN (133 386) within 3 months after the prize draw
- The prize components are subject to availability at time of booking and if any are not available on the dates proposed by the winner the parties will agree alternative mutually acceptable dates for booking
- In the event that any part of any Prize is not available for any reason SWRRFI will in its absolute discretion substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash
- SWRRFI shall maintain a list of the membership numbers allocated to each entrant
- If a prize is unclaimed on year after the initial draw it shall be redrawn
- If a prize is unclaimed after a redraw the prize or its sale proceeds to the foundation
- SWRRFI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- SWRRFI is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost or misdirected draw entries
- SWRRFI and its officers and employees and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this draw or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law)
- Purchases over the phone will receive electronic ticket via email
- Entry into the draw requires full name, address, email address and contact phone number of each entrant to be provided prior to inclusion in draw
- Participation in this draw is open to Australian and overseas residents
- If a winner is less than eighteen (18) years of age, then at SWRRFI’s discretion, SWRRFI may require the winner to be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent (Guardian), in which case SWRRFI may award the prize to the winner’s Guardian on behalf of the winner
- Village Roadshow Theme Park staff are eligible to enter the draw so long as they are not engaged in conducting the draw