Terms & Conditions
ThemeParks.com.au is owned and operated by Village Roadshow Theme Parks Pty Ltd (ABN 60 010 919 623), ("VRTP").
This document contains the terms and conditions governing your use of this website and any order or purchase of a product, ticket or booking ("Product") made via this website ("Terms and Conditions"). By using this website you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Who may use this site
Children under the age of 16 may not purchase any Product on this website. If you are under the age of 16 and would like to purchase a Product from this website, please ask your parent or guardian for assistance.
Access and Use
You must not use this website in any manner or for any purpose which is unlawful or contrary to these Terms and Conditions.
VRTP, in its absolute discretion, reserves the right to refuse any order you place to purchase a Product, competition entry or booking or to deny access to this website for any conduct it believes may breach these Terms and Conditions or any law.
The availability of rides, shows and attractions shown or referred to on this website is subject to change, delay, cancellation or closure due to inclement weather, preventative maintenance, refurbishment or other operational requirements.
Competitions may be subject to individual terms and conditions available at the time of entry.
Employees of VRTP and its related bodies corporate, including immediate family members, may become members of ThemeParks.com.au but cannot enter any competitions promoted on the ThemeParks.com.au website.
The information on this website is only intended to be of a general nature and may change at any time without notice - detailed particulars can be obtained by contacting the relevant theme park directly or by telephoning 133 386.
. By using this website, you consent to VRTP retaining and using your personal information in accordance with the Privacy Statement.
Product Terms and Conditions
Please ensure that you view the relevant terms and conditions for purchase and use of any Product before selecting these products for purchase. All tickets purchased online are non-refundable and not exchangeable (unless required by law). All tickets purchased through themeparks.com.au are not for resale.
View full Terms and Conditions of Online Purchase
Tickets can only be purchased through this web site by using a credit card. Your credit card will be debited at the time of ordering. Ticket prices are inclusive of GST.
The VRTP ticketing module uses state of the art encryption technology for transferring credit card data. The encryption technology used for this transfer is of the same calibre as the Australian Bank clearing system. In the unlikely event that you believe any unauthorised use of your credit card has occurred, please immediately notify us by email and contact your bank through your usual communication method.
Limitation of Liability
Any representation, warranty, condition or undertaking that would be implied in these Terms and Conditions by legislation, common law, equity, trade, custom or usage is excluded to the maximum extent permitted by law.
Nothing in these Terms and Conditions excludes, restricts or modifies any condition, warranty, right or remedy which may be conferred by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth)
that cannot be excluded, restricted or modified by agreement.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, VRTP's liability for a breach of a non excludable condition or warranty is limited, at VRTP's option, to:
- in the case of goods, any one or more of the following:
- the replacement of the goods or the supply of equivalent goods;
- the repair of the goods;
- the payment of the cost of replacing the goods or of acquiring equivalent goods; or
- the payment of the cost of having the goods repaired; or
- the supplying of the services again; or
- the payment of the cost of having the services supplied again.
Indemnity & Release
You agree to indemnify VRTP for any loss or damage that it may suffer or for any costs it may incur in connection with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions. You further agree to release VRTP from any claim, loss or damage incurred as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in this website.
Intellectual Property Rights
The contents of this website, such as graphics, logos, information, text, video clips, material, software or advertisements ("Content") is owned by VRTP unless stated otherwise and protected by Australian and international copyright and trademark law.
Without the express permission of VRTP, the Content must not be modified, copied, reproduced, republished, framed, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way except as expressly provided on this website.
You may, however, download, store in cache, display, print and copy material in a complete and unaltered form for your own personal, non-commercial use provided that you:
- keep intact all copyright and trademark notices (set out below); &
- do not use the material in any manner that suggests an association with any of our products, services or brands.
Provided the above conditions are followed, you may use the material on this website for the purposes of research or study, provided your use is fair. It is deemed fair to reproduce no more than 10% of the number of words on this website and to only use the material for class use or assessment.
View the Trademarks and Copyright
page for more information.
VRTP may vary these terms and conditions at any time. Any variations become effective upon posting. By continuing to use this website following a variation of the terms and conditions, you consent to be bound by the varied terms and conditions.
Third Party Links
This website contains hyperlinks and other pointers to web sites operated by third parties ("Hyperlinked Websites"). Unless otherwise stated at those websites, those websites are not controlled by VRTP. By using those links, you acknowledge and agree that:
- VRTP is not responsible for the contents of any Hyperlinked Websites or any hyperlink contained in a Hyperlinked Website.
- VRTP provides these hyperlinks to you as a convenience only, and the inclusion of any link does not imply any endorsement of the Hyperlinked Website by VRTP, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, corporate partners or licensors.
- You access such Hyperlinked Websites entirely at your own risk.
The Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Queensland, Australia. By using this site, you irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the State of Queensland.
SWRRFI - Friend of the Foundation
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Associate members are entitled to attend General Meetings, however do not have the right to vote.
- Associate membership is valid for 1 year from date of payment.
- Neither membership nor entry into a membership draw is tax deductible.
- This draw is being conducted by and for the benefit of the Sea World Research & Rescue Foundation Incorporated ABN 46053146491 (SWRRFI)
- Spring draw closes 4:00pm EST Friday 29th of November, 2013.
- Prizes will be drawn on Wednesday, 4th December 2013 at Sea World Theme Park, Sea World Drive, Main Beach Queensland 4217
- Winners will be notified by telephone and email within 7 days of the draw and published on the SWRRFI website seaworld.com.au/research-and-rescue
- Annual Friend of the Foundation Membership [formally knows an Associate Members under the SWRRFI Constitution] is worth $10 and includes entry into the appropriate quarterly draw provided criteria 21-23 of the terms and conditions are satisfied
- Prizes do not include meals [unless otherwise stated], transport or spending money nor insurance
- Prize vouchers and booking instructions will be sent via registered post to the winners
- Prize includes Three nights at Sea World Resort & Water Park including buffet breakfast ($877), Seal Aqua Adventure ($259.98) and dinner show at Australian Outback Spectacular ($179.98) all for two people valued at $1316
- Bookings for accommodation are to be made by contacting Sea World Resort & Water Park on 13 33 86 within 3 months after the prize draw
- The prize components are subject to availability at time of booking and if any are not available on the dates proposed by the winner the parties will agree alternative mutually acceptable dates for booking
- In the event that any part of any Prize is not available for any reason SWRRFI will in its absolute discretion substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification
- Prizes are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash
- SWRRFI shall maintain a list of the membership numbers allocated to each entrant
- If a prize is unclaimed on year after the initial draw it shall be redrawn
- If a prize is unclaimed after a redraw the prize or its sale proceeds to the foundation
- SWRRFI’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into
- SWRRFI is not responsible for any problem or technical malfunction of any communications network or any late, lost or misdirected draw entries
- SWRRFI and its officers and employees and associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage or personal injury which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with this draw or accepting or using any prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law)
- Purchases over the phone will receive electronic ticket via email
- Entry into the draw requires full name, address, email address and contact phone number of each entrant to be provided prior to inclusion in draw
- Participation in this draw is open to Australian and overseas residents
- If a winner is less than eighteen (18) years of age, then at SWRRFI’s discretion, SWRRFI may require the winner to be accompanied by a legal guardian or parent (Guardian), in which case SWRRFI may award the prize to the winner’s Guardian on behalf of the winner
- Village Roadshow Theme Park staff are eligible to enter the draw so long as they are not engaged in conducting the draw
Win a Ford Focus Titanium with your VIP Pass Promotion
Terms and Conditions
- The promoter (Promoter) is Village Roadshow Theme Parks ABN 60010919623 of Pacific Motorway, Oxenford, QLD 4210, Australia.
- Entry to the promotion constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions. All entry instructions and prize information published by the Promoter form part of these terms and conditions. To enter, you must be an existing VIP Pass (valid until 30 June 2014) or VIP Magic Pass (valid until 30 June 2015) holder.
- The Competition is only open to individuals who are Australian residents and who are not employees of the Promoter or any of its related corporations or any of their agencies associated with the Competition.
- The promotion commences at 12:01AM Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on 19 June2014 & closes at 11:59PM Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on 30 June 2014.
- Except as otherwise indicated, all amounts stated in these conditions are stated in Australian dollars.
- This promotion is a game of skill. To enter, an Entrant must in 25 words or less, tell us what super power you would like to possess, and why. An entry must include Name, Phone Number, Season Pass ID Number, Email Address and you must Tick the subscribe box to ThemeParks.com.au to have a valid entry into the draw to win a Ford Focus Titanium or 1 of 12 family* upgrades to the Platinum VIP Magic Pass to win. Only * 4 upgrades to the Platinum VIP Magic Pass per family.
- Entries must be received during the entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, illegible or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any telecommunications service or equipment.
- Only one Entry per Entrant per day is permitted. The Promoter will not accept multiple entries in a single day and may reject an Entry if it reasonably forms the opinion that the Entry has been entered using false information or via automated entry means or by use of a competition entry service.
- The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare an Entry made by an Entrant invalid if the Entrant tampers with the entry process, benefits from such tampering or submits an Entry that is illegible, incomplete or not in accordance with these terms and conditions. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter's discretion.
- Winners will be judged by the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Marketing team at 3:00PM 16 July 2014, at Warner Bros. Movie World, administration building Pacific Motorway, Oxenford QLD 4210
- The Prize notification will state that the Prize has been won and will include instructions as to how the Winner may claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it. Any winners will be contacted directly in writing and published on themeparks.com.au/terms-and-conditions.aspx page for a minimum of 28 days from 17th July 2104
- Subject to any State or territory regulations, should any prize be unclaimed a second judgement may occur. Winners will be judged by the Village Roadshow Theme Parks Marketing team at 3:00PM 16 October 2014, at Warner Bros. Movie World, administration building Pacific Motorway, Oxenford QLD 4210. Any winners will be contacted in writing within two days of the judgement and any winners will be published online at themeparks.com.au/terms-and-conditions.aspx page for a minimum of 28 days from 17th October 2104
- The Prize notification will state that the Prize has been won and will include instructions as to how the Winner may claim the Prize and establish his/her entitlement to it.
- The Entrant grants these rights to the Promoter which are perpetual and acknowledges that the Entrant will not receive any payment, royalty or other consideration (whether monetary or otherwise) from the Promoter in connection with the making, use or storage of the Content.
- If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), subject to any relevant lotteries or gaming authority regulation’s, the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
- The Promoter assumes no responsibility for:
(i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any Entrant whether caused by problems with communication networks or lines, computer systems, software or internet service providers, congestion on any carrier network or otherwise,
(ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of such communications;
(iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition;
(iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise);
(v) any delay in delivery, or failure of safe delivery of the Prize.
- All of the Promoter's decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into. If for any reason any element of the Prize becomes unavailable or not capable of being delivered to the Winner for any reason beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control the Promoter will have no obligation to provide a similar prize to the Winner or otherwise compensate the Winner in any way.
- All Entrants enter the Competition at their own risk and the Winner accepts the Prize at his or her own risk. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for and indemnify the Promoter in respect of any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Entrant in connection with the Competition or Prize, including without limitation:
- All Entrants consent, by entering the Competition to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice (including any photograph, film and/or recording of them) in any media at any time or times without compensation, financial or otherwise, for the purpose of promoting this Competition, the Promoter and/or any of the Promoter's products.
- Prizes are not transferrable and maybe subject to block out periods being public and school holiday periods.
Winner of the Major Prize Draw: B Eland
Winners of the Family Upgrade to Platinum VIP Magic Pass: I Rossi, A Lynham, L Bennett, K Jessop, J Bridges, K Pellew, M Jorgensen, C Keith, A Boyle, D McClure, B Robinson, J Savenberg